Monday 25 October 2010

Letterpress Demo for NKF visitors

On Friday I had visitors from NKF (Norges Kreative Fagskole) in "my" Letterpress studio. Most of them didn't know a lot about Letterpress, and I had a bit over an hour with them. I brought in most of my Letterpress work to show them samples of what can be done. I also brought laser cut acrylic and wood blocks made from photographs of set Letterpress type. The hour went by so quickly. They were all very interested in my work, the technique and all I had to say. Too bad they didn't have time to actually try some setting and printing themselves.

They all made me very happy, not only about my work (which they said they really liked), but to believe in continue working with Letterpress. There is room for the aesthetic of Letterpress. And I think I gave them a good experience in showing my passion and excitement with this technique, the smells, the paper, the "dirtiness" of the working process, the hand craft and simple everything about Letterpress.














I used some old sett type to show how one press works. Funny in a way that all we had time to was printing a couple of sheets, so the cleaning part took longer time.














4 out of the 6 that came from Norway and NKF together with me in the Letterpress studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment